WhatsApp Messenger or simply WhatsApp is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging, and Voice over IP service providing app. It is owned by the California-based tech giant, Facebook. Check here for Whatsapp’s Latest Update.
Whatsapp Latest Update
This messaging app has more than 2 billion users worldwide, making it one of the most popular mobile social apps on the planet. It is available free of cost for Androids, iPhones, Windows phones, laptops, and PC. By using this one can send messages, recordings, and do video calls for free.
We have compiled some of its most important features and services:
- You can send texts, by simply using the internet rather than paying money for SMS.
- One can make groups and add multiple people to it and enjoy talking to all of them at once.
- You can make free voice and video calls to one or multiple people at once using the internet, saving yourself from expensive phone bills.
- All your messages are end-to-end encrypted, therefore any third party cannot access it.
- You can share Gifs, photos, videos, and even talk via audio messages to your loved ones.
- You can even share documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and much more.
WhatsApp’s new disappearing messages feature
Recently, it has been confirmed by WhatsApp that they are working on launching a brand new messaging feature to WhatsApp’s repertoire. If the users enable this messaging feature on their apps then it will enable their messages to disappear after a certain period of time – which will be a week.
When this feature is launched, users will have to update their WhatsApp and enable this feature manually. Doing so will not have any effect on their previous messages, but will start working with all the new messages they send or receive. However, WhatsApp stated that the time duration of disappearing will not be customizable by the users.
How to enable this feature
Even though the feature has not been rolled out officially yet, a little glimpse of it shows us the process to enable it. You can follow the below mentioned simple steps, to do so in your device after the launch:
- Open the individual or group chat whose settings you wish to change.
- Tap on the person or the group’s name.
- There you will see a disappearing message option.
- Tap on that to continue.
- Select either the on or off button to change the settings as you please.
More about the disappearing message feature
- WhatsApp never automatically deletes our message exchanges. It collects all those messages and that leads to the app occupying a lot of space on our phones. Deleting them ourselves is a long and tedious procedure. This new feature, if enabled, will save a lot of time and effort for people who want to clear away old messages that are of no use anymore.
- The message with the disappearing feature can also back up. That remains preserved even after the seven-day window. So the user able to retrieve his messages back anytime.
- If the auto-download is turned on for the media files, then the messages will disappear after the set time, but the media files that are downloaded will remain in the storage of your smartphone.
- If you have sent someone a message and the receiver does not come online for seven days and does not see the message, the text will still disappear.
- A user forwards a disappearing message without enabling it again, then that will not vanish after the set time period.
- This new disappearing feature rolled out for both individual and group users.
This new feature by WhatsApp has officially announced by the company. So users can very soon expect to see it updated on their smartphones.